It’s never to early to get started!
The Illinois Senate Democratic Victory Fund offers internships to college and graduate students, as well as recent graduates. Working with our office on finance, research, political work, and communications teaches interns the essential skills needed to run effective campaigns. Our interns have gone on to become campaign managers, field organizers, opposition researchers, and communications specialists. Internships are unpaid, but class credit is available.
Interns must commit to a minimum of twelve hours per week. Schedules will be set with the intern supervisor.
- Assist staff with day-to-day office work
- Enter data, verify documents, contact voters
- Write digital content for website and other social media outlets
- Summarize legislation and analyze ongoing Senate votes
- Assist in planning and hosting Democratic fundraising events
- Communicate with Illinois Democratic Party officials and staff
- Conduct candidate and opposition research
- Build relationships with Democratic organizations
Internships are offered in our Chicago office. To be eligible you need to live within the greater Chicagoland area.
How to Apply
Applications are always welcome. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will contact you shortly if an opportunity is available.
We are also actively seeking digital media interns, this includes web developers, graphic designers, online organizers, etc. If this is something that interests you please click here to learn more.